With the increasing heat and dryness in the air of Australia, it has become a necessity to adapt to changes that will help us save plants and vegetation and also reduce the amount of water that is needed. Although, most of us have water irrigation systems installed that help watering plants in the garden and the farms, it is necessary to install devices that would help us keep control over the water that is being used. Such a system is the soil moisture monitoring system that will help monitor the soil moisture levels and determine the amount of water that is needed.
The hornet, a device that is developed to monitor the moisture of the soil, helps in determining the exact amounts of water that the plant would need. This helps prevent over or under watering of plants. It also helps in managing the frequency of irrigation and controls the supply of water keeping the turf fresh and green without over watering.
Let us take a look at the features of the Hornet– The perfect Soil Moisture Monitoring System.
- Simple design and working: It is made up of a soil moisture probe and a water proof logger. The logger is compact and is almost of the size of a mobile phone. It does not need those complex installation steps and lengthy cables or mains that may be very expensive. The hornet simply works on a single lithium ion battery that lasts longer.
- Advanced Hardware: The hornet is made using the most advanced hardware features that make it robust. It can be used to determine the salinity, temperature and the moisture of the soil 40cms below ground level. The probe is connected to a logger that is placed under the turf surface. It helps detect the salinity of soil and also the flow of fertilizers. The hornet can also be used to detect the temperature of the soil that will help in scheduling the time to put herbicides and fertilizers. The logger notes the data and sends it over a mobile network to the website. This data can be viewed using any device having internet access.
- Advanced Software: The software is a well built system that not only displays the results of the soil moisture , but also compares it with the past records. The main features of the software are:
- Unlimited and secure logins for clients and users.
- User friendly and can be altered to suit a specific use.
- Easily understandable graphs that show salinity, temperature and soil moisture.
- Low costs for website hosting.
Thus, we know that using a simple hornet will help us in so many different ways without any difficulty. The device is quite user friendly and can be used by anyone having the basic knowledge about its working. It has till now, proved to be the best soil moisture monitoring system that has been helping save water, fertilizers and also keep the plants fresh and green without over watering.