Landscapes are the most important things that we have to look into. Keeping the plants and lawns fresh and green by supplying them with adequate amounts of water without wasting this important resource is important. We should adopt methods that will help keep our grass look greener and also avoid higher water bills and prevent water wastage. A few methods that will help us do so are:
- Water the Plants in the Morning: Watering plants early in the morning before the sun is bright, will help prevent the water from being absorbed by the heat in the atmosphere. It is the time when the sun has not yet reached its peak and thus will help the water to reach deep into the soil.
- Use appropriate Water Irrigation Systems: People usually install irrigation systems in gardens and lawns. This will help supply enough water to the plants without wasting even a bit of it. There are various irrigation systems that can be used to water the plants in different ways. Select the best ones that suit you and make appropriate settings for the same.
- Make use of Soil Moisture Sensors: There are a number of sensors that are manufactured for soil moisture monitoring. They do not only monitor the moisture of the soil, but also help in detecting the temperature and the ph of the soil. These sensors are best solutions to detect the amount of water needed to be supplied in a garden and also the time intervals after which it should be supplied.
- Select Appropriate Plants: There are a number of plants that are considered to be the staple growth of that region. Prefer plants that are usually found growing around in your locality. This may prevent the need to prepare the soil for plants that need some additional nutrients or climatic conditions. It will be easier to manage plants that are used to growing in such an environment.
- Maintain the Irrigation Systems: It is true that installation of an irrigation system will help in watering the plants on time. But, it is also important to maintain these systems as a minute problem may also cause them to malfunction. You cannot afford keeping your plants dry for a longer time and neither can you afford to waste water to keep it flowing.
These are the five basic watering tips that can help you keep your landscape green as ever without the wastage of water. You can thus adopt these simpler methods and save you plants from drying and the water from getting wasted. Keep your Grass greener and your Water Bills Lower!
With the increasing heat and dryness in the air of Australia, it has become a necessity to adapt to changes that will help us save plants and vegetation and also reduce the amount of water that is needed. Although, most of us have water irrigation systems installed that help watering plants in the garden and the farms, it is necessary to install devices that would help us keep control over the water that is being used. Such a system is the soil moisture monitoring system that will help monitor the soil moisture levels and determine the amount of water that is needed.
The hornet, a device that is developed to monitor the moisture of the soil, helps in determining the exact amounts of water that the plant would need. This helps prevent over or under watering of plants. It also helps in managing the frequency of irrigation and controls the supply of water keeping the turf fresh and green without over watering.
Let us take a look at the features of the Hornet– The perfect Soil Moisture Monitoring System.
- Simple design and working: It is made up of a soil moisture probe and a water proof logger. The logger is compact and is almost of the size of a mobile phone. It does not need those complex installation steps and lengthy cables or mains that may be very expensive. The hornet simply works on a single lithium ion battery that lasts longer.
- Advanced Hardware: The hornet is made using the most advanced hardware features that make it robust. It can be used to determine the salinity, temperature and the moisture of the soil 40cms below ground level. The probe is connected to a logger that is placed under the turf surface. It helps detect the salinity of soil and also the flow of fertilizers. The hornet can also be used to detect the temperature of the soil that will help in scheduling the time to put herbicides and fertilizers. The logger notes the data and sends it over a mobile network to the website. This data can be viewed using any device having internet access.
- Advanced Software: The software is a well built system that not only displays the results of the soil moisture , but also compares it with the past records. The main features of the software are:
- Unlimited and secure logins for clients and users.
- User friendly and can be altered to suit a specific use.
- Easily understandable graphs that show salinity, temperature and soil moisture.
- Low costs for website hosting.
Thus, we know that using a simple hornet will help us in so many different ways without any difficulty. The device is quite user friendly and can be used by anyone having the basic knowledge about its working. It has till now, proved to be the best soil moisture monitoring system that has been helping save water, fertilizers and also keep the plants fresh and green without over watering.